Elevate your sailing with the Atlas and see real-time data like you never have before. Check out the ATLAS full specs.
• The Atlas does the work of a whole suite of electronics, all in one device.
• GPS Speed, Magnetic Heading, Distance and Time to line, VMG, heel, pitch, leeway, and more.
• Expand functionality with future Vakaros wireless sensors and online analytics platform.
High performance GPS (18 Hz), 9-axis inertial measurement, and proprietary sensor fusion algorithms deliver measurements that respond to changes in real-time. No more GPS lag. No more guessing.
Nail the Start
• A distance-to-line measurement that you can trust lets you start with confidence.
• Advanced machine learning provides an estimate of time-to-line based on current performance and conditions.
See Clearly, Always
What good is an instrument you can’t read? The Atlas looks great on a cloudy day and even better in bright sunlight. The fully graphical display is compatible with polarized sunglasses and features digits up to 40 mm in height. Anti-reflective coatings and optically bonded Gorilla Glass reduce reflections and maximize contrast. At night, a red backlight switches on automatically.
• Easily configure the graphic display and update the firmware of your Atlas using the Vakaros Mobile App.
• Create multiple boat profiles with different screen layouts and preferences.
• Cable-free design makes installation quick and easy.
• Multi-day battery life and fast charging from any USB port.
• The Atlas includes a mount ready to attach to a sail track or bulkhead.
Designed to last
The Atlas is waterproof in excess of IP68 and the aerospace-grade aluminum unibody, Gorilla Glass, and rock solid mount ensure it is ready for your worst capsizes and wipeouts.
• Width: 3.47 inches (88.2 mm).
• Depth: 0.43 inch (11 mm).
• Weight: 6.34 ounces (180 grams).
• High contrast, sunlight readable display.
• 4.4-inch (diagonal) transflective LCD.
• 320-by-240-pixel resolution at 91 ppi.
• Digits up to 40 mm height (2 metrics, portrait mode).
• Optically bonded 1 mm Gorilla Glass.
• Multi-layer anti-reflective (AR) coating.
• Water-shedding hydrophobic coating.
• Adaptive red backlight.
• Notification LED.
• Integrated 4000 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
• Charging via magnetic USB cable.
• Power consumption, daytime: 150 mW (12 mA @ 12 V).
• Countdown timer.
• Shift tracking.
• Leeway angle and velocity.
• Heel consistency.
• Stripchart view.
• Waypoints and navigation.
• Connectivity: Wireless connectivity with smartphones and tablets. Support for wireless Vakaros sensors.
• System Requirements: Android or iOS device, with internet access (for Vakaros App).
• Environmental: Water resistant beyond IP68. Water impact in excess of 50 kts.
• Warranty 3 year limited warranty.
• Magnetic USB charging cable.
• Carrying case.
• Mounting Bracket and mast slug.
• Quick-start guide.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
At first look, I thought that it would be difficult to read, however even the smallest displayed item is easy to see due to the high contrast and complete glare control. Heel angle is extremely useful, and pitch is a nice item to have. Have not yet utilized the start line function, but am quite interested in the time-to-line feature. Still using my Pro Start in conjunction with the Vakaros, as the first 10 races were for a major, and did not want to have issues. Will most likely retire the ProStart soon. Another great feature is that the compass is a true magnetic compass, in lieu of a GPS path compass.
Easy to read and yet smaller; doesn't get in the way of lines on the mast etc. Features are very good and the buttons are actual push buttons that are very responsive (vs touch screen that can be a challenge when wet, with gloves or sunscreen). The Distance to line is extremely accurate.
Biggest disappointment is lack of back light.