- Easy to Read. The SpeedPuck's sunlight-readable high-contrast LCD screen features 27mm (1.1") tall digits in a font that's optimized for readability. This means that if your boat's under 40ft long you'll be able to mount the SpeedPuck on your mast and read it easily from anywhere in the cockpit, even if you don't have perfect vision.
- Automatic shift tracking. The SpeedPuck's shift tracker locks on to the mean heading for your tack and then shows deviations from that heading with an easy-to-read bar graph. If you tack or jibe again, the shift tracker detects this, resets the bar graph and locks on to your new tack.
All this happens 100% automatically; you don't need to press any buttons to make it happen. The SpeedPuck constantly crunches the numbers for you in the background so that, whenever you happen to glance at the instrument, you can see how far you're up or down.
- Waterproof. The SpeedPuck is designed for long-term reliability in a saltwater marine environment. The device's case back screws off like the lid of a leak-proof water bottle to reveal the battery compartment.
The SpeedPuck's battery compartment is also sealed off from the rest of the device's electronics, providing a second layer of protection against moisture.
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots.
- Heading Resolution: 1°.
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (once every 0.5 sec.).
- Water Resistance: ipx-8 to 3m / 10 ft.
- Display: 27mm / 1.06" digit height 120 degree viewing cone.
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded at 0.5 Hz (once every two seconds) +30 hour of capacity.
Data download requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6.
- Batteries: 3 x AA +20 hour endurance rechargeable or disposable.
- Dimensions: 115mm / 4.5" diameter, 27mm / 1.06" thickness.
- Weight Including Batteries: 295g / 0.65lb.
- GPS Chipset: u-blox LEA-4A.
- Warranty: One year.
- USB Cable.
- Quick Start Guide.
- Mounting Cradle.