Yes, we understand some parts are not what you were expecting, or they were too big or small for your deck. Not a problem! We want to make sure that you find your experience with Vela Sailing Supply as user friendly as possible, so relax because you have 30 days from the day you receive your order to request an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) and we will be glad to exchange it for a different part or size or simply refund your credit card or Paypal account.
Please read all the information to make it easier and faster for everyone, please fill out the contact form and wait for our email response. We will contact you in the next business day:
All the returns will be inspected as soon as it arrives to our warehouse. The items that qualify for return/exchange are the ones that meet the following conditions:
- New (Unused).
- Original packaging.
- The products must contain all the labels and instructions from factory.
Return and Exchange period:
Exchange or return your item anytime from the day you receive the product within the timeframe below:
- 30 days for all products.
- You have 15 days after receiving the RMA to return the items. After that, the RMA will expire and won’t be valid.
- For all our customers with boats based on severe weather areas, such as New England, great Lakes and northern Europe, we understand that you may shop during winter and won't be able to test your hardware on your sailboat until the spring; well, no worries, just drop a note when you are placing your order and we will keep track of it. In case you need to return an item after the abovementioned periods, we will honor the return as a store credit to be used on future purchases through Vela Sailing Supply.
- Sailboats, valises, masts, booms and all the items that must be shipped by freight, have a restocking fee that evaluated individually. The cost of the return shipping must be assumed by the customer.
Some items cannot be returned, including:
- Labor, delivery and/or installation services
- Gift certificates.
- Custom made halyards, sheets or control lines.
- Custom made lifelines.
- Custom made shrouds and / or stays.
- Replacement PVC Luff Extrusions
- Damaged, abused or used items.
- Items that are missing accessories, such as remote controls, ropes and cables.
- Etched or otherwise personalized items.
- Used / worn sailing gear of any type.
- Custom made sails.
- Sails with added numbers.
Documents needed for return or exchanges:
We will email you an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) after your request for return. Please include the RMA on the package returned/exchange together; this will help us identify your package promptly and therefore solve your situation as early as possible.
Please send us the tracking number of the returned package as soon as you have it. Use a shipping company that can provide you with this number. Vela Sailing Supply is not responsible for packages that are not traceable or that are not delivered to our warehouse. Please note that if the returned product(s) have a high commercial value, you must include insurance on the shipment, as returns or exchanges are not made for damaged merchandise.
We will refuse delivery of any package not clearly marked with an RMA number, and it will be sent back to you.
We will not accept the return of any used, scratched, dented, soiled, or damaged items or items that are not in their original packaging with all component parts, literature and warranty cards included.
Also please note that unless we shipped you the wrong item, outbound shipping charges are non-refundable, and you are responsible for return shipping.
A fee ($15 - $25 USD) for shipping, which will go towards the shipping we have already absorbed, as this is a service already rendered, may apply.
After 30 days:
If you want to return a product and the 30-day time window has already passed, the case will be evaluated and if the return is accepted, a store credit will be made. Restocking fees may apply (18% for hardware and 20% for gear). The parameters to accept these returns are the same as mentioned above: The merchandise must be new, unused, with all manufacturer's labels, instruction manuals and in its original packaging.
Your refund will generally be in the same form as the original payment. Please, we authorize and execute the refunds every 15th and 30th of each month.