The new V2 design features a new button panel, new higher contrast LCD mounted on a soft silicon pad to survive the toughest conditions. A new amber red backlight allows the unit to carry its duty in the night sailings. PC connectivity is now enhanced with the latest generation Bluetooth low energy transceiver (BLE).
• True magnetic tactical compass with "3 levels of sensitivity".
The NS360 Pocket V2 is a all-in-one multi constellation GPS receiver (GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO+BEIDOU) coupled with a 9 axis gyro gimballed magnetic digital compass. It delivers precise and reliable heading information to help you to tack and jibe at the most suitable times. Through a simple push button, the sub-modes let you decide the required sensitivity (High / Medium / Low) based on your boat, your style, and the current weather conditions.
• GPS speedo and compass.
The over ground speed of the boat as measured by the GPS receiver is provided with several levels of sensitivity (High / Medium / Low). The trip distance, the GPS heading and the maximum speed can also be accessed.
• The easiest count-down timer.
Press the timer button to get the 5 minute sequence started. Press it again, and it will re-synchronize to 4 minutes or 1 minute. You can still adjust it to any minute while counting by using the arrows.
• Waypoints and routes.
The PC Novasail Wireless Manager software combined with the ease of use of Google Earth allows you to manage easily the waypoints and the routes sent wirelessly to your NS360 Pocket V2. Up to 100 Waypoints and 20 routes can be memorized.
• Distance to the start line.
The NS360 Pocket V2 start line distance function combines a highly accurate GPS and a gyro gimballed 9 axis magnetic compass to pinpoint exactly where you are relative to the line. - A +/- sign indicates clearly which side of the line you are.
- Unique bow offset gives the exact distance from your bow to the line.
- Ends can be 'pinged' whilst traveling in any direction.
- Boat/pin end buttons: dedicated buttons make storing the start line easy and intuitive.
• Central bargraph.
The bargraph gives an immediate access to any wind variation.
• Fully upgradable.
The embedded firmware of the NS360 Pocket V2 is upgradable thanks to its embedded bluetooth transceiver:
• NS360 Pocket V2 embedded firmware version 1.17.
• NS360 Pocket V2 Wireless manager Windows version 1.2.3.
• NS360 Pocket V2 Wireless manager MAC OS version 1.1.
• NS360 Pocket V2 Operating manual v1.4(PDF).
• Minimum speed: 0.5 knots.
• Heading resolution: 1°.
• Display: 24 mm digit height, wide view angle, amber red backlight for night sailings.
• Dimensions: 125 mm x 80 mm x 26 mm.
• Lanyard/Safety leash hole to secure the device.
• Bluetooth embedded for easy PC/MAC connectivity.
• Weight including battery: 260 grams.
• 1 AA battery: 30 hours+ run time.
With a dedicated button for the timer and 2 dedicated ones for the boat and pin, anyone in the crew can launch the start sequence within a second while focusing on the boat performances.
The symbols on the buttons and their positions make the misunderstanding and wrong usage totally impossible with an easy access on starboard tack.
• The body.
Inspired by the 40 meters waterproof digital camera dive casing, the design of the body is made around a thick rubber ring, sealed with 14 stainless steel screws. Made to survive the toughest conditions and wipeouts.
• The battery.
Protected by another thick rubber ring around the tab, the battery compartment is totally independent from the main body.
• Operating manual.
• Mast cradle with screws and safety leash.
• Soft carrying bag.