The new V2 design features a new button panel, new higher contrast LCD mounted on a soft silicon pad to survive the toughest conditions. A new amber red backlight allows the unit to carry its duty in the night sailings. PC connectivity is now enhanced with the latest generation Bluetooth low energy transceiver (BLE).
• GPS speedo and compass.
The NS-START Pocket V2 is a all-in-one multi constellation GPS receiver (GPS+GLONASS+GALILEO+BEIDOU) that delivers precise and reliable heading information to help you to tack and jibe at the most suitable times. The user settings let you decide the required sensitivity (High / Medium / Low) based on your boat, your style, and the current weather conditions.
The trip distance and the maximum speed can also be accessed.
• The easiest count-down timer.
Press the timer button to get the 5 minute sequence started. Press it again, and it will re-synchronize to 4 minutes or 1 minute. • GPS Data-logger.
Hundred of hours of sailing data can be recorded and transferred wirelessly through Bluetooth to your computer for post-races analysis.
• Distance to the start line.
The NS-START Pocket V2 start line distance function relies on a highly accurate GPS to pinpoint exactly where you are relative to the line. - A +/- sign indicates clearly which side of the line you are.
- Unique bow offset gives the exact distance from your bow to the line.
- Ends can be 'pinged' whilst traveling in any direction.
- Boat/pin end buttons: dedicated buttons make storing the start line easy and intuitive.
• Fully upgradable.
The embedded firmware of the NS-START Pocket V2 is upgradable thanks to its embedded bluetooth transceiver:
• NS-START Pocket V2 embedded firmware version 1.9.
• NS-START Pocket V2 Wireless manager Windows version 1.1.2.
• NS-START Pocket V2 Wireless manager MAC OS version 1.0 (Mac App Store).
• NS-START Pocket V2 Operating manual v1.1. (PDF)
• Minimum speed: 0.5 knots.
• Heading resolution: 1°.
• Display: 24 mm digit height, wide view angle, amber red backlight for night sailings.
• Dimensions: 125 mm x 80 mm x 26 mm.
• Lanyard/Safety leash hole to secure the device.
• Bluetooth embedded for easy PC connectivity.
• Weight including battery: 260 grams.
• 1 AA battery: 30 hours+ run time.
With a dedicated button for the timer and 2 dedicated ones for the boat and pin, anyone in the crew can launch the start sequence within a second while focusing on the boat performances.
The symbols on the buttons and their positions make the misunderstanding and wrong usage totally impossible with an easy access on starboard tack.
• The body.
Inspired by the 40 meters waterproof digital camera dive casing, the design of the body is made around a thick rubber ring, sealed with 14 stainless steel screws. Made to survive the toughest conditions and wipeouts.
• The battery.
Protected by another thick rubber ring around the tab, the battery compartment is totally independent from the main body.
• Operating manual.
• Mast cradle with screws and safety leash.
• Soft carrying bag.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent service. Thanks